Soap Nuts are a brilliant, natural alternative to chemical soaps and cleaners. Not only that, soap nuts also have the added benefit of being gentle for people with allergies or sensitivities to cleansers or detergents! The soap nut shells naturally produce saponin when introduced with water, creating a bubbly lather with cleansing properties.
1. Place 5 whole soap nuts in a muslin bag and tie closed.
2. Place laundry and muslin bag of soap nuts in your washing machine. Following the instructions on your garment tags select the temperature and type of wash cycle that is best for the fabric.
3. At the end of the wash cycle, remove from the washer the muslin bag of soap nuts and set aside. Allow to dry or if needed, wash another load.
4. You can use new soap nuts for up to 10 washes or until they start to disintegrate.
5. When soap nuts look dried out or are disintegrating, empty muslin bag and use soap nuts in garden compost.
TO ORDER: Online orders come in 50g or 100g increments. Please note that due to the nature of this product, it is done by weight rather than individual pieces because some nuts are not always whole pieces.