Market Booth Leader
We are looking for a new team member to help organize and run our booth this summer at the Waterdown Farmers Market. This individual will be friendly, outgoing, and able to engage potential customers that visit our table during the market. The farmers market happens every Saturday from 8am - 1pm and we will begin our booth once the Stay At Home order is finished (hopefully by June 5). The market runs from May 29 - Oct 15, weather permitting at Memorial Park in Waterdown.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following skills:
- A strong interest in low waste living, climate change awareness and eco friendly practices.
- Able to engage customers in a friendly and informative manner.
- Able to stand for long periods of time (up to 6hrs) and able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to comply with any Covid-19 market policies (may include wearing a mask, physical distancing, etc).
- Comfortable using a tablet device.
- Basic math and cash handling skills.
- Setting up tent, table, and product on time before each market begins (setup is between 7-8am). This may require use of your own vehicle.
- Ensure table/booth looks appealing and inviting.
- Engage customers and answer any basic questions about products and the store.
- Checkout orders on tablet and accept payment via debit/credit or cash.
- Clean up booth, dismantle tent and pack-up table and product at the end of the market.
Applications are due by May 25, 2021 with training to begin as soon as possible. This position may also lead to a part-time position in the store once the market has finished in the fall. Compensation for this position will be $17/hr.
We greatly appreciate all applications but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Please email resumes to: