These gorgeous hand-woven bowls are perfectly suited for function and beauty. Use them as a fruit bowl, decorative wall hanging, and more.
They made from completely natural parts; naturally dyed (using tea leaves) sisal fibres are woven around a core of forest grasses. They are handcrafted by women artisans in Rwanda and distributed by fair-trade organization, the Abizeranye Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl/ 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Dimensions: Small - 7" diameter/ Medium - 12" diameter
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth
“Purchasing these bowls provides more than simply a fair wage and much-needed income to Rwandan artisans. It provides dignity and hope for a better future. It provides the opportunity for parents to pay for the care and education of their children. It provides the means for neighbours to work together for the development of their community and nation. In other words, Your purchase is more valuable than you can imagine.” - Azizi Life
Some product photos are by Azizi Life