These locally sourced beeswax cubes are a perfect way to refresh your beeswax wraps, or DIY your own right at home! Made from local beeswax, and mixed to just the right consistency with pine resin, and jojoba oil.
To DIY Your own wraps, you will need:
- Woven cotton fabric (1 Medium Wrap = 10"x10" fabric)
- 2-4 beeswax cubes (1 cube will cover approx. two 10"x10" pieces of fabric)
- Paint brush
- Mason Jar
- Oven, stove, sauce pan, baking sheet
- Tin foil
DIY Beeswax Wrap Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 220F.
2 .On top of stove, take a sauce pan, add at least an inch of water and turn on medium/high.
3. Place mason jar into the sauce pan with water. Add 3 or 4 20g Rhymes with Orange Beeswax Tablets and allow to melt.
4. Line a 9 x 13 baking sheet tightly with tin foil. Make sure there are no rips or tears.
5. Lay your piece of fabric onto the lined baking sheet.
6. When the wax has melted, using a paintbrush (this will now be your beeswax brush), carefully paint your piece of fabric with the wax mixture.
7. Try to make sure you have covered the entire piece of fabric.
8. Put the baking sheet with piece of fabric into the oven for about 2 minutes until you see all of the wax mixture melt through the entire piece.
9. Remove from oven. Using thumb and two fingers, pinch two corners of your fabric and lift using a sweeping motion. Allow to drip if any excess wax in on the fabric.
10. Fabric will dry quickly, or you can hang to dry on a clothesline.
11. Once you have finished 3 or 4 piece of fabric, allow the wax to cool in the mason jar and put away to use to refresh your wax wraps.